06 Sep Upcoming Workshop with Joanna Mercereau, A.W.S.
“New Ideas for Old Paintings”
Saturday, October 29, 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Required minimum number for class: 6
- $65/$70; Member/Non-member
- register before October 22, 2011
Have you ever wondered what to do with your weak or unfruitful paintings? Here’s a chance to have fun AND go in a different direction.
Joanna will bring a failed painting, and show how to completely change color and values. She will give you hints to free you into a new direction. If you’re a traditional painter, now is the time to find out whether experimenting will enhance your creativity.
Start collecting now for things to bring:
- several “old” paintings
- old and normal brushes
- water container
- your normal loaded palette as well as any other loaded palettes (acrylic, goache, metallic watercolor)
- fun things (fabric scraps, decorative papers,)
- equipment (scissors, plastic wrap, aluminum foil, glue, acrylic matte medium, gold foil, acrylics, watercolors, goache, etc.)
In other words, bring what you think will be fun to incorporate into your painting. You won’t be on your own—as always, my mind is at your service!
If your paintings are watercolor on 140-pound or lighter weight paper, please stretch them ahead of time. Call me for “how-to”. (951) 787-0847